Wednesday, July 16, 2008

An Incessant proselyte :

19 years have darted away like a flash.When i look back at my life , i realize my ideology and thoughts were changing continuously.

First instant :

At around 7-8 years of age , Being fascinated by cricket I moved around saying i want to become a big cricket player.I remember pestering dad for a new cricket bat every 3 months ( believed having a own bat increased chances of getting to bat early...lol... puerile thoughts ) and the thrashing i got for that.During those days i used to rush to the nearby ground carrying the bat as soon as i came from school.I was frenzy about that and dint care about the rebuke of the parents.It went on for a few years , the period in which i kept on losing 2-3 cricket bats , dad got pissed off , and the elder guys in the ground taunted frequently ..Slowly lost interest in the game ( had no formal coaching ) and at one stage after 2 years ,turned against the game saying " it is an idle game " players standing idle most of the time..

Second instant :

By then we had moved to other city scad of theaters.So , around 12-13 years of age i was a movie buff seeing even the most stupid movie ever released.May be because of that,I wanted to become a big hero ( No Comments pls ...) lured by the popularity and the money involved.Inspired by that started mimicking for some time.Only by 15 yrs mom made me realize it's just a fantasy and i must concentrate on studies from now on..This subdued the cine-star in me[ no one to support :( ] and then got deep into acads.Now I feel movies are just fantasies and have a bad impression about them...

Third instant :

After my 8th grade,people around me started the "what about the future " questions..It was a belief in my familythat becoming a Doctor was a "PRIDE" for the family.Motivated by those and other factors also that my secondary school BIO scores were high( that teacher would give easy marks) and maths was bit low.Due to this (may be) I went around saying i would become a big doctor one day.The day came where my mom wanted me to go too " IIT coaching " in one of the many coaching centres in Andhra.It had not interest to go there , so I pressed on becoming doctor and sat comfortably in home. Now after the 11th BIOLOGY seemed daunting and i found the subject like just cramming up all the stuffs and felt that Physics and Maths were now interesting as i could develop on those by self.By due course at the end of 11th lost all the interest in BIO and turned towards engg( faced a difficult time convincing mom !)My board marks showed it clear(BIO was the lowest) . And eventually ended up with an Engg seat.Still ppl ask what happened to your 'Doctor ' dream..[:(]

The most recent :


Very recently during this holidays , I underwent a major transformation. About my future......
Till I came out of India , i was pissed off with the education system there and the avenues for the core , I had decided to go ahead with Management side.Coming here , seeing all the support for core subjects revived the engineer in me.Now planning to go ahead with MS...


Now, i realize the continuous change in my thought process , and the fickle nature of my mind.
Am i the only person experiencing this change ???????????????

3 comments:

Alagappan said...

There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction.
Everyone experiences a lot of changes in the course of life as you did. :-) Change is inevitable.

Remember - "For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else."

Ken said...

Hey you inspred me to do a similar post at my blog like yours !! .. keep watching my space ..

Chandarr said...

@alagappan : I accept with your prophecies...